Thursday, September 5, 2013

Lessons of being a Mama


 

I've learned more in my four years of being a mom then I have in my whole 24 years of life. It's an odd experience really, they say your the perfect mother before you become one and I couldn't agree with that statement more. Prior to being a mom I insisted my kids would be well behaved and know how to act in restaurants and such, well that flew out the window shortly after Raygan was born- she was never the baby you could take to a movie, I'm still not sure how people do that.  


With all that being said, the biggest "lesson" I've learned as a mama, is children do not as you say-but as you do. It's shaped me to do better overall. I eat better, celebrate more, and love greater. These girls are my biggest achievement in life and I never thought that I would learn so much from such little bodies. They make life worth living, and ten times the fun. 

We've learned to pay a tad but more attention to what comes out of our mouth, what we eat, and how we act. Before I became a mom myself, I thought it was all about teaching right from wrong. Now I know that's only the half of it.


I've became more confident in myself in hopes that they grow up fearless and ready to tackle the world. I want them to know that they can achieve anything they hope to. They are the best little bodies and hope to help shape them into the happiest of ladies. 

8 comments

  1. Your first sentence – so true! I can definitely relate. You are such a good Mama and those girls are so lucky to have you! You can tell the intense love they have for you and it just warms my heart.

    BTW I love your new design!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Preach it sister!!! I agree 100% on kids will do as you act.. not as you say!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could not agree with you more and I need to make sure to be a better role model for my girls. Because our actions speak louder than words!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I couldn't agree more! Kids pick up on the littlest things, and you really have to watch what you say and do.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're doing a fabulous job! Parenting is an ongoing learning process and it sounds like you've already figured out some of the most important lessons it has to offer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this post so much! It's very, very true. You're doing a fantastic job, Ashlea! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. she licking good! I wanna fil her lil mouth until i cum all over her lips and tongue

    ReplyDelete

I love your sweet words!

Designed by: Blog Boutique