We ate out more than we ate at home, squeezed in a day date with a baby, and had a bad ass family night with just the five of us swimming at the court club and ending the night with pizza.
We went on a walk, the girls got to hang out with Cameron's mom and later got spoiled by my parents at outback. We're at an awesome stage with all of them where we can go to restaurants and not have to scarf down our food or worry about a awful meltdown. I may have to whip my boob out and feed little rour but that's it, I'm discreet incase you were interested.
And Sunday? Sundays are for sleeping in and Jammie's all day. pancakes. sprinkles for remy and chocolate chips for raygan. It's for painting your toes a pretty shade of pink because whether it's my decision of food, clothing, or nail polish color, my choice if reflected upon my girls. It's for full house episodes on repeat and multiple cups of coffee. Sundays are for endless piles of blankets and baby cuddles.
Hello new blog design. I love you. New year, new baby, new blog, new me? Just kidding...although I sorta kinda feel like that's the case.
1. Pre school is closed! Due to the two inches of snow that have formed on the ground. All of you Minnesota Peeps would laugh right now. Our town gets two inches and we all panic! I was ordered to stay home from Cameron yesterday, I was taken aback hes never that bossy with me...other people yes. me? not so much. Hopefully we will get to build a snowman today. That's all they care about.
2. Father Daughter Ball is tomorrow! And the girls have no shoes, I have no dress, and Im not sure what Cameron is going to wear. And once again, Im ordered to stay home. (2 inches of snow remember?)
3. Rour...Im going to pause right and tell you how much I love her nickname. ROUR. Whenever I say it, I always sing Katy Perrys Roar in my head and that makes me love it that much more! Anywho- shes fabulous. She sleeps through the night and talks so much. I've never heard a baby coo more than this little one. Perhaps she knows shes has two insanely crazy sisters to fight with. Im still waiting for my OMGAWDDD moment and so far it hasn't happened. Quite yet. Im still breast feeding exclusively and she doesn't love the bottle. Lets see how tomorrow night goes with my mama watching her for our father daughter ball date....
4. Ive been dealing with this massive headaches. I get them on and off throughout the day. And right when I think I haven't had any for a while they come back. I have taken it upon myself to diagnosed these symptoms. DUN DUN DUN Cluster headaches like my dad. Breast feeding limits to medication is not helping either. I need insurance-like yesterday so I can figure out these beast of headaches. My plan for the time being is to enhance my diet. Ive been doing GREAT until I ran out of produce and once again in this post Im stuck home. Stock up on some essential oils and try to squeeze in as many showers as I can. The pressure hitting my head feeling like its bursting out my eyeballs is the best feeling yet. Any ideas? Know anyone suffering from cluster headachs...aka "suicide headachs" My dads gave me all of his tricks and Im willing to try ANYTHING other than Redbull. My high school partying days screwed that one up for me.
5. I got the BEST rain boots yesterday in the mail from Joules. Im OBSESED and it couldn't have been perfect timing due to my old rain boot blow out. Im calling it that because the zipper broke in the middle...ya know? Like its fully zipped than it just comes undone in the middle! Im willing to pay big bucks to get it fixed! oh and so I can wear them in the snow today! Keep an eye out for their feature on this little blog.
I hope everyone has a fabulous weekend! Linking up here!
I took very few photos of the actual party itself but had a really good time. Despite all of the help from my parents we hosted a pretty darn good party! We held it in our shop beIcause our house can't hold all of thosie people, and our shop was pushing it!
and a big thank you to my mama for her crafty tinker bell shoes
Im obsessed with these labels from Tiny Prints, perfect for our popcorn bags! These labels were so perfect for the job!
She opted for a tinkerbell theme this year, so we created her her very own Pixie Hallow. She deserved every second of it, and I'm so very appreciative of all of our family and friends who continue to support and love our little ones. I could not ask for a better group of people to surround our family around.
She doesn't like the attention and cried when she was suppose to hit the piñata she's been waiting to wack for weeks. She gave everyone a turn and then went for it again-wacking that thing as hard as she could, then ran crying to daddy. She blew out her candle as nervously as can be and decided to sit on the couch with a sucker inside while all of the other kids were running amok.
We're packers fans truly, Green and yellow has my husband heart. But, being washington state bread it goes without saying we are Seahawks fans aswell. We never miss a game and have been cheering along with every #12thman and #12thwomen this year, along with years passed.
It's radiating. I can only imagine what the city of Seattle feels like. The parties, and shenanigans going on this weekend are going to be insane and those there are lucky to be apart of it.
It's heartwarming. All of the "do good" stories that have stemmed throughout this season. The amazing things all of the hawks players and their coach have done for their fans would bring you to tears.
It's connecting. I live three hours south of Seattle and you cannot leave the house without seeing a sea of blue and green. It's amazing literally. People are walking around wearing hundred dollar jerseys like it's nothing . Flags are waving, and windows are painted. On the way to the grocery store today and saw a truck driving with a giant Seahawks flag flowing in the back. we drove behind him noticing all of the people walking on the side walk shaking their fits at the truck, or hooting and hollering in encouragement. Starbucks is offering free drinks for those wearing hawks gear and so is Dutch brothers.
I can't get over it. It's amazing. That's the only word I can even scrounge up. It's bringing our communities together and we're rooting so hard for them!
I can not believe Valentines is already around the corner. Im trying to be ahead of the game now, especially because I slacked so much around the holidays, having a baby may have had a little something to do with that.
Well I'm back. BACK!
Back to early planning, and overboard galore.
so....I stumbled upon this pin the other day. With no link of course, or it may have been deleted by the blogger, something along those lines.
And while Valentines day is so totally not about us and all about our girls I still want to show Cameron some love.
food is his love language.
We're a donut family, we have three great locally/family ran donut shops in our area and not one chain! We got there for treats, or birthday breakfasts, or we even meet up with our group of mommy friends and try to ignore all of those looks we get for bringing 8+ kids into a tiny donut shop. whateve.
So I created this and Im currently having them printed on sticker paper from kinkos. I plan to stick it right ontop of a box full of chocolate donuts.
too bad he hates sprinkles, that would have made it that much better.
This was my very first creation and Im kind of excited about it. I hope I can keep it a secret.
This morning I sat holding my sweet baby In the dark. It was peaceful and comforting and even though I knew she would stay asleep, I wasn't about to put her down. With everyone else asleep in the house and my phone dead our snuggles were not interrupted.
I sat nestling her small little body that after two whole months seems so cushion-y and at a whopping 9.12 lbs is already too big for this mamas heart. Knowing (well shall we say thinking) she will be my last gives me the urge to hold her back and keep her littleness swaddled in a blanket forever. My little keepsake. My baby.
She's the perfect ending, and the best caboose we could have. She's pure and fragile, and every time I look at her I know that we are the lucky ones and I hope, just hope she kinda likes us too.
Way back when I had my own little thing going on, on my own little blog. I called it my Monday Mini Bucket List. I sorta kinda got the idea from reading The Happiness Project. I wanted to challenge myself to activities, projects, interests, anything that wasn't a normal "chore" I would put things like "wear earrings" simply because at that time I had fallen out of the habit of wearing jewelry because I had two little ones pulling and tugging on something at all times. I feel like I need to do that again. That Im somewhat stuck in a funk from the daily grind.
the target sticker...haha
Im not complaining, and Im not going to sit here and explain all of the reasons I love being a mom just to show you that I love my kids and to hear myself say it. (or type it) because Im pretty sure you all know how obsessed I am with them and how much I love being a mama.
But right now, I smell of breast milk and spit up, and my four year old is upstairs screaming we need to go to Target to get her the same writing tablet Remy has. The very one that I most certainly assure you she has around here somewhere. Annnddddd I've been living in leggings for days. Days I tell you, with a side of top knot to tip it off. So its time, time to kick of a new challenge for myself.