Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Our Valentines

We aren't normally valentines day people, honestly-fun fact:our first valentines day he didn't do anything. No card, no flowers no nothing. That was the only year, I think he heard enough from his mom and sister to screw up again. Every valentines day afterward he always managed to come up with something. Even if I caught him writing in my card in the driveway (seriously! Another fun fact)

I suppose over the years he's finally got it down, or possibly my love for all things holidays is finally rubbing off on him...I'll go with both. We had originally planned to cook at home and do our own little hurrah after he got out of school. He arrived home with flowers for all his girls and both our littles received a very anticipated teddy hear from their daddy and he told me had reservations for us before class and the girls were going to papas house. I loved that. He called, he arranged a baby sitter and he drove. All I had to do was get dressed and kiss to very extremely unhappy kids as we walked out the door.



As for the girls: they woke up to holiday goodies and may have had one piece of chocolate before their breakfast. They had hot dogs in the shape of hearts for lunch and drank out of valentines day cups with pink straws of course. After our snazzy date I took the girls for a doughnut and after we had a candle lit bath while Cameron was in school. The loved that.



4 comments

  1. Awww sounds like the mister's got it down now :). Z and I don't do much either....he says it's a "commercial holiday that isn't even real". Haha. The girls look like they had a great V-day morning! They are so precious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ashlea! I just found your blog through Brittany at Fun with the Fullwoods and I am following you now. It sounds like you had a great Valentine's Day and that your man has it down! The girls look so happy, they had a great Valentine's morning filled with so many fun things. I wish my parents did that much for me when I was little!

    Xo,
    Whitney
    http://keepingupwiththecyperts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi I'm Heather! Please email me when you get a chance, I have a question about your blog! LifesABanquet1(at)gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

I love your sweet words!

Designed by: Blog Boutique