Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Pumpkin Bars:'Tis the Season

Pumpkin is in the air. 
For me, for you, for everyone!
Its hands down -a not so secret- favorite flavor of mine.
thank heavens for fall.

I found this recipe in a better homes and garden magazine and its my absolute favorite pumpkin recipe yet. 

I made some for my best friend and her family to arrive home to and she sent me this photo this morning of a note her husband left her.
I died.

Seriously so easy. 

Ingredients:
4 large eggs
1 2/3 cups sugar
1 cup vegetable oil
1 (15oz) can of pumpkin puree
2 cups all purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
6 oz cream cheese
6 tablespoons butter (softened) 
3 cups confectioners sugar

Instructions:
Preheat oven to 350

Grease one 13x9 inch pan

Mix together eggs, sugar, oil, and pumpkin

In a separate bowl mix Flour, baking powder, salt, baking soda, and cinnamon  Stir in with wet ingredients

Spread into pan and bake at 350 for 30 minutes or until the toothpick comes out clean.

Frosting:
Mix together cream cheese, butter and confectioners sugar and spread evenly over cooled bars. 

(I tend to use a tad bit less cream cheese because Cameron inst the biggest cream cheese lover, so I try and dull the taste.)


Happy Pumpkin'ing

5 comments

  1. OH MY GOODNESS!! It looks SO delish! I am going to have to make some this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to make these! I love pumpkin!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks so delish! I heart your blog. I'm a new follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum! I love pumpkin pastries! Can't wait to try these this fall! I've nominated you for a Sunshine Award. Here is the link if you'd like to participate:

    http://adventuresofasemperfifamily.blogspot.com/2013/09/a-sunshine-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. YUM! Thanks for sharing! I love pumpkin!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love your sweet words!

Designed by: Blog Boutique