Monday, February 25, 2013

Let Them Be Little

I've heard this a million times but only recently did I truly comprehend it and fully digest it.

 I get it. Let them be little. Let them believe in Santa clause and the tooth fairy, let them forever celebrate the little things, and be congratulated on achievements. Let them pretend to be princesses and sing twinkle twinkle little star as we cruise the isle of target (that ones my favorite) let me dance with them and snuggle them to sleep.



I hope they never loose their confidence and their hunger for life. I hope they always follow their dreams and believe in the good in people. I hope they dance forever and ever.
I hope to let them be little-that is our ultimate goal.

**All these spectacular bubbles are thanks to the "full house" craze that has entered my house. More on that later.

Linking up here!

8 comments

  1. Great post, and great attitude!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great reminder. It's so hard at times to take a step back and realize that they are only going to be this little once. I too hope life does not make Aubrey jaded- I wish she could keep this childhood innocence.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh i love love love this.

    i sure hope can just keep them little forever. not that i have any at the moment... but in the future.

    -har.
    Harley & Jane

    ReplyDelete
  4. This song makes me tear up and I don't even have kiddos of my own. So sweet that you fully appreciate that :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I remember blowing milk bubbles when I was little. You are such a great mama :) Your girls are lucky to have you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ashlea, I love this post! I have a similar one saved in my drafts...but you say it better than I ever could!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this!!! My dad has the same opinion on this and is still a little kid at heart...and it's so cute. I couldn't agree more!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hmmmm but I still do that now with my milkshakes...does that mean I am little? hahaha

    ReplyDelete

I love your sweet words!

Designed by: Blog Boutique