Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Cookies and Cream Cookies-The Best Ever

I want to start off by saying these may be the best cookies I have ever made in my life. I packed some goodies for friends and my parents for the Polar Express and decided on this. I was very weary of these cookies because I've never made them and every time I actually do make a "different" kind of cookie Cameron always says their good, I just like chocolate chip. With a shrug.

The ingredients are simple as well as the directions so I gave it a go.

Side note: I'm a tad embarrassed to admit this to you guys and honestly i don't know what planet my husband to be came from!

Cameron was stubborn and refused to eat them for three days because he swears "store for up to three days" means" wait for three days to eat" we even called my mother a hard core baker to see who won the battle. Gee, I wonder who!

Meanwhile, everyone ate them up while Cameron was waiting for them to turn stale apparently. He had to wait two more days for batch number two to eat some!



Anyway! I'm pretty positive it's my go to cookie now.

Ingredients:
1 1/4 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 stick unsalted butter at room temperature
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1/3 cup light brown sugar packed
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
12 Oreo cookies crushed

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

In a large mixing bowl combine flour, salt, and baking soda. Set aside.

In a separate bowl beat together butter, and the sugars until light brown and fluffy. Add the egg and vanilla extract.
Gradually combine the flour mixture. Then finally fold in the Oreo prices until mixed evenly.

Bake for 8-10 minutes, then place on a baking wrack until cool.

I hope you guys love it as much as we did!
 

6 comments

  1. Yum! I'm definitely going to try these! Like your husband, I am pretty addicted to plain ol' chocolate chip. This is exactly like my go-to chocolate chip recipe, other than the oreo cookies. I'm gonna branch out and try something new!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! I am definitely going to have to try and make these. My husband loves cookies and cream!

    P.S. I nominated you for a Liebster Award!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. On my blog... http://simplyinspiredme.blogspot.com/?m=1

      Delete
  3. these look incredible! i need to make them. now following your cute blog, love it! also, come enter my great giveaway today! xo chaseandem.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. these look amazing! I will have to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Ashlea,
    Your Cookies and Cream Cookies look awesome and they need to be in my cookie jar, and they will be very soon! Hope you have a great week and thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday.
    Come Back Soon!
    Miz Helen
    A New Follower

    ReplyDelete

I love your sweet words!

Designed by: Blog Boutique