Thursday, June 21, 2012

Bring it!

I was a very athletic kid. I'm talking every.single.sport. All year long. My parents never pushed me, they let me make my own decisions. The day I told them I decided to stop playing softball through them for a loop. I was letting go of the only busy, chaotic lifestyle I knew.

Fast forward some years and I'm not so athletic anymore. I haven't worked out in years. Although is something I totally enjoy I just can never find time. We tried using the day care at the gym one time. What do you know....they came and retrieved us not even 10 minutes later with a crying toddler on the caregivers hip uttering the words "your other one is falling apart too"

That was a year ago and Raygan still says (every single day) "mama I don't want to go in there" as we pass the nursery on her way to swim lessons. Traumatized much?

After graduating high school, and moving out of my parents house, I gained some weight. I weighed 145 then became pregnant with Raygan, I quickly lost it all within a couple months and ended up at 115. I give credit to breastfeeding 100 percent. A very few short months later I became pregnant again with Remy and I was able to loose her baby weight.

I'm now at 122-125. Honestly its not about the weight, I just want to feel good. (We don't even have a scale in our household.) My body felt good at 115. Ive grown up very self conscious and that was the best I have ever felt. I want to tone up my body and live a healthy lifestyle.

Anyway, Ive decided to jump on the ban wagon and start the oh so popular 30 day shred.
I never thought I would do these kinds of pictures

I'm on day three and I think I may jump to the second level.

Im sore by day three but feeling good. I've noticed that I have more energy throughout the day. And I feel good about myself.

Have you dont the shred? If so do you have any pointers?

4 comments

  1. YAY! So glad you're loving it! I'm jealous your going to level up already! I'll be doing day 7 today and I'm still scared to level up! I guess I'm not sore anymore so I probably should... but I have a heck of a time making it through 1min of jump rope. That's like the ONLY thing that's kicking my butt, though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You and I sound remarkably similar. Up until I was in a car accident in 2005, I weighed around 108lbs. I gained about ten pounds over the next year or so without even niticing, but then at the peak of pregnancy I weighed 160lbs. Not cool. I lost almost all of it, got back down to about 120lbs. Since my miscarriage in October I've been hovering around 126lbs. I am not so much worried about my weight, it's more that IO am just not comfortable in my clothes. A few weeks ago I started a daily workout I found on Pinterest, and I go to Zumba once a week. If nothing else, I at least feel better that I am doing something.

    I've never done a shred, but they do intrigue me. I look forward to hearing about your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You go girl! Excited to follow along and cheer you on! I have the 30-day shred DVD...haha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have the 30 day shred and made it to level 2.Haven't done it in a while...guess I had better get on that!

    ReplyDelete

I love your sweet words!

Designed by: Blog Boutique