Sunday, April 15, 2012

Whats cookin'. Oven chicken tenders

Hey there! My girls love love love chicken nuggets. Its the only meat I can get down my picky eaters mouth. I decided to make ones from home instead store bought in our quest to a healthier lifestyle. Still probably not the healthiest but at least not stuffed with preservatives right?




So here goes.
Oven-Fried Chicken Tenders
 Ingredients:
3/4 cup oil (your choice)
1 cup buttermilk
1 egg beaten
1 cup all purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 1/2 lb chicken breast cut into tenders
salt and pepper to taste

Directions:
1. Place roasting pan in oven, add oil. Preheat to 425 degrees
2. Whisk buttermilk and egg until well blended. Combine flour, and seasoning into shallow bowl. Dip chicken in flour mix, then buttermilk, then again into flour mixture. Place on a plate in a single layer. (if it seems moist, put into flour mixture once more)
3. Place chicken in roasting pan in oven, bake 8 minutes on each side. (the recipe said 6, but I like my chicken well cooked so I did 6)

Thanks :)

4 comments

  1. YUM! So glad you posted this... I'll have to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow. I am gonna have to cook this for my oldest!! She loves chicken tenders!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks yummy, I'm going to Pin this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ok, i'm vegetarian and even these look yummy to me! haha ;)

    ReplyDelete

I love your sweet words!

Designed by: Blog Boutique