stolen from martha- the women hasn't failed me yet.
1 ½ pounds boneless chicken breast cut into 1 inch pieces.
1 tablespoon cornstarch
salt and pepper
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
6 cloves garlic, minced
6-8 scallions, whites and greens separated and cut into 1 inch pieces.
2 tablespoons rice vinegar
3 tablespoons hoisin sauce
¾ cup raw cashews toasted
1. In a bowl toss chicken and cornstarch until well coated. Season with salt and pepper to your linking.
2. In a non stick skillet heat 1 tablespoon of oil over medium heat. Cook half of the chicken, until brown (be sure to toss often) Then transfer to a separate plate.
3. Add remaining tablespoon of oil and cook the remainder of chicken along with white parts of scallions and garlic. Cook until brown (about 3 minutes) add the first batch of chicken to the pan, add vinegar and cook until evaporated.
4. Add hoison sauce and 1/4 cup water, cook (tossing often) Remove from heat. Add the green parts of scallions and cashews.
5. Put over steamed rice if desired.