Sunday, April 1, 2012

Babysitting Troubles

Okay, so I have mentioned before that I babysit one of my good friends little boys. It used to be two days a week. Which honestly it was starting to take a tole on me. I felt bad for not being able to have all of my attention on the girls and the fact that we had to be in a rush that entire morning to be home in time for his arrival. I like to just go through the day with our own pace. It moved to one day a week now for the last couple weeks and its been so nice. Except the fact that Raygan and him do.not. get along.

I'm the first one to say that my big girl is no angel. Shes a sweet little girl, but she definitely has her moments. Their fighting got so bad one day that me and the Mr. had to completely separate them. Raygan downstairs with daddy and the little boy upstairs with me. Yesterday Raygan was watching her favorite {Tangled} and the little boy comes right up to her and bites her. I mean seriously bites her. It nearly drew blood and I'm totally not exaggerating. I watched the entire thing. I'm a fair mama and discipline my kids when they are in the wrong, I want to raise my kids to be happy sweet little girls that have big hearts. But that time she did nothing. She was minding her own business and BAM! She was hysterical. I put the little man in time out and snuggled with my girl until she felt better.

I don't know what I should do because my friend really needs the help and has trouble finding babysitters because its crappy hours. {2pm-9 or 10 sometimes} I honestly don't think that's its fair for either or them to continue watching him. I need your help!

What would you guys do? I've told his mama about the fighting and the biting and pinching that comes from that little man. So whats next??

5 comments

  1. You are such a GOOD person for helping your friend out BUT your family comes first. If it is taking it's toll then maybe it's time to tell her you need a break. Or that it just isn't going to work out anymore. She'll understand that you have to do what's best for your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you just have to draw the line and tell her you can't do it...and that you don't want to hurt your friendship or the time with your little girl. She should understand if she's a real friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow! I had a neighbor ask me to watch her kids a few days a week as well. I turned her down because I didn't want to feel rushed or trapped.
    You're so sweet to be doing this for your friend but I would stop. It sounds like its interfering with precious family time. She could possibly find a college student that would love those hours. Good luck! I hope it all works out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been doing childcare in my home for 20 years. My rule of thumb is, never do business with a friend. I would absolutely tell her that you can no longer watch her child. It is interfering with your family time and bedtime. If you cherish your friendship, I would stop before there is resentment. I would give her a week notice and a chance to find someone, but, give her a definate date. I agree with Babara, those would be perfect hours for a college student. Good luck with this and I have been in the same situation, I know how difficult it is. Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
  5. My sister used to watch my son two days a week, but it was taking a too much of a toll on her life (she used the words "it's making my family miserable" ouch!). She has a one year old son herself, and drives 45 minutes to my house though, so that's what was hard for her. Once she told me, I found other help, and she is down to one day a week. Next month though I am putting the little one in daycare two days a week. I'm looking forward to when my sis comes over because she wants to, not because she has to.

    Be honest with your friend, in a nice way. Your friendship and your sanity will benefit from it. She will figure something out. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

I love your sweet words!

Designed by: Blog Boutique